Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Goodnight



Every night at dusk (about 8:30 this time of year) the little chickens climb into the coop for bed.


The chickens all want to sleep on top of the nest boxes, which means I have to clean this space off every day. (This picture is just after cleaning.) I'm not sure if I should try to stop them from sleeping up here. They make quite a mess and there is plenty of room on the roosts. It's not hard to brush it off once a day but if I ever miss a few days I'm sure it will become intolerable.

2 comments:

  1. Other than the mess I don't see any reason they shouldn't roost on the nest box. If you get tired of cleaning it you could exclude them from it for a while with chicken wire or you could change the angle of the roof so it wasn't comfortable for them to sit on.

    Looks like they are growing pretty nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'll leave it. They seem happy.

    ReplyDelete